Warranty Against Defects
Alton Goods Pty Ltd ABN 37 632 681 228
+61 7 3113 9272 PO Box 334, Virginia BC, Qld 4014 email@example.com
This document applies to all products sold by Alton Goods Pty Ltd purchased on or after 1 August 2022, except as noted in section 3.2 below.
Safety Warning and Disclaimer
- Hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities are physically demanding and are subject to various safety risks, inclement weather, and unknown and unforeseen circumstances and MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH TO YOU AND OTHER PERSONS. Your participation in outdoor activities of any kind, and your preparation for such activities is your sole responsibility.
- Unless clearly and unambiguously labelled otherwise, each of our Products is NOT A SAFETY DEVICE, and is designed only to fulfil a limited purpose. YOU MUST TAKE ALL NECESSARY STEPS TO USE YOUR Product SAFELY, including reading all use and care instructions. If you have any doubts about the safe use of a Product, we recommend that you take all necessary training and guidance.
- Our Products have parts which may wear over time, and are designed to wear in preference to other parts of the Product, or other Products. Examples include but are not limited to guy ropes, straps, groundsheets, carabiners, wear pads, springs, drawcords, tie-out loops, carabiner connector loops, hook and loop items which are not sewn into a product (such as Velcro retaining loops), plugs, toggles, line locks, or those subjected to high loadings, abrasion or rubbing. These parts are not covered by the warranty below, as they are “Consumables” and their lifespan will vary with your use. You are responsible for inspecting and replacing any components and consumables that become worn or damaged prior to each use.
- Consumables and spare parts are available from us, and if you require replacement parts, please visit our website at https://altongoods.com, and if you cannot find what you need then contact us.
- Modifying a Product may be UNSAFE, and will void the warranty.
- PRIOR TO EACH USE: you are responsible for each of the following things:
- Inspect the Product for wear and damage, and that it is in safe working order;
- DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT IF it is worn to the extent that it may not work as intended or it may fail during use, or if it is damaged, or it may foul or damage other Products or components, or is otherwise not in Usable Condition.
The meaning of “Lifetime” in relation to this warranty*
- In this Warranty Against Defects “Lifetime” means the life of the Product while owned by the original purchaser (or the original new product gift recipient of the original purchaser as the case may be). The “life” of the Product will end upon any one or combination of the following events, occurrences, or uses:
- Where the Product is subject to severe weather related events, including but not limited to the following :
- Tropical cyclone, tornado, hurricane, or any wind speed in excess of 90km/h;
- Tidal surge, overland flow of water, or inundation;
- Incorrect set-up, which causes more than 1 litre of water to pool in any fabric component for any extended period of time (in any event being more than 2 hours).
- Where the Product is subject to misuse related occurrences, including but not limited to the following:
- Burning, melting, or other damage caused by heat or flame;
- Overloading due to overtightening straps, ropes, or forcing components together in a manner other than described in the instructions;
- Overloading Products with a stated load capacity (such as hammocks);
- Cutting, punching holes, “roughing”, “keying”, making amendments or alterations to, or applying third party products, substances, or treatments to a Product or any part of it (this does not apply where we direct you to do so in writing);
- Stretching, fraying, melting, or welding from being overloaded, or subjected to friction;
- Grinding, abrading, cutting, scouring, coating, lubricating, cleaning with anything other than mild soapy water (other than as directed), heating (other than as directed), or polishing any metal Product or any part of it;
- Painting, using lubricants, or applying other chemicals to the Product;
- Inappropriate cleaning or rinsing, which includes without limitation use of harsh chemicals, steam, or high pressure cleaning devices.
- Where the Product is subject to normal wear and tear, including but not limited to:
- Abrasion from contact with the ground, the environment, straps, belts, cords, and the attachment of devices, tools, equipment, or other accessories to the Product;
- Engrained dirt, oil, and other contaminants;
- Where the instructions for use are not followed, and this has caused damage or failure of the Product.
Australian Consumer Law
- If you purchase our Product in Australia: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty against defects
- In addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, we warrant the Product against defects for the Lifetime of the Product, as defined in clause 2 (“Warranty Period”). This warranty does not apply to Consumables, as labelled or as defined in this Warranty Against Defects.
- If our Product is defective and is returned to us by the original purchaser in accordance with the Claim Procedure during the Warranty Period, we will at our discretion replace or repair the defective Product.
- To be eligible to make a warranty claim, you must:
- be the original purchaser of the Product (or have received the Product new from the original purchaser); and
- have proof of purchase of the Product (such as a receipt or invoice) from the seller.
- You must fill out our warranty claim form on our website, and supply all required details, in order to make a warranty claim. The warranty claim form sets out the information that we will need to determine how we should respond to your claim.
- Upon receipt of your claim in accordance with this document, we will provide you with instructions on how to return the Product to us. We may require that you send the Product to us by registered post and ensure that the Product is packed to prevent damage occurring during transit.
- The Product is at your risk until we receive it at our designated service centre, and we have no responsibility for the Product being lost or damaged in transit.
Warranty terms and limitations
- If you send us a Product with a claim for a fault or defect, and we determine that the Product is not faulty or defective, you are liable to pay for any return shipping costs. If you do not pay such costs, after 3 months we may treat the Product as abandoned and dispose of it at our discretion. You consent to us sending you notices by email to the address you provide when you submit your warranty claim.
- Use of modified or third party components, or making any modifications to the Product (including painting any component of it) will void the warranty.
- We may require that you provide us with certain information to process your warranty claim, including without limitation photos of damage to the Product, an explanation of how the damage occurred, and the terrain or conditions the Product was being used in. You agree that we may use this information for assessing your warranty claim, and for future development of our Products.
- If you require any further information, or direction in relation to the disclaimer or warranty set out above please contact us by:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone by calling +61 7 3113 9272
Glossary of terms
“Consumables” has the meaning provided in clause 1.3.
“Product” means an Alton Goods Pty Ltd product that is owned by you.
“Usable Condition” means capable of being used safely for the intended purpose.
“you” is a reference to the owner of a Product, seeking to make a warranty claim under this Warranty Against Defects.